Saturday, August 15, 2009

Zander's Dinosaur Cake

DINO-MITE BIRTHDAY!!


This was my first attempt at a sculpted cake. My friend's son was turning two and having a dinosaur themed party. I was so happy when my friend liked this cake and I got a chance to do it. I used the Wonder Mold cake pan for the body (chocolate cake), the mini ball pan for the head (yellow cake) and then marshmallows to make the tail and feet. I star tipped the entire cake with Tip #21, using buttercream icing. His spikes are chocolate triangles that I made using orange candy melts, and free-handing triangle shapes on wax paper and letting set in the fridge. As you can see in the first photo I also made chocolate and yellow cupcakes that read Happy Birthday using candy molds and orange candy melts. Kids and adults alike loved this cake.

0 comments: